This is one of the letters which I have written to
Prime Minister Rowley over the past 5 years.
Dear Prime Minister
I began writing to you in July of 2016 from the perspective of a concerned citizen. So far I have made suggestions with regard to the following issues:
- The absence of a 5-7 year Strategic Plan
- The escalating crime situation
- The absence of opportunities for recently graduated returning nationals
- The Tourism Sector and our efforts at diversification
- The need to provide a secondary school for the children of Carenage
- The possibility of introducing a “Systems/Design Thinking” project in our schools
- The idea of the walkable cities and the positive benefits to be derived
- Road congestion
- Making Chaguaramas into a “Bus only” zone
- Transportation as a quality of life issue
May I suggest that in your capacity as Minister of Public Utilities with responsibility for T&TEC that you encourage the company to lead the charge of deriving cost savings from the reduced use of electricity by following these steps:
- Do an audit of the cost of electricity utilized by various Ministries.
- Invest in timing systems to take the lights off for identified periods especially during the night time.
- Measure the cost over a period.
- Boast about the cost savings and encourage consumers to do the same.
Implemented successfully you will look smart and connect with people on a real level.
Yours for our country!
Dennise Demming (Mrs.)
MBA, BSc., Cert-Mass Comm